For some of us, quotes and sayings do really give us the big picture and say succinctly what needs to be said or done about many things. We write or print these quotes and hang them in our bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens, and entrance doors or put them somewhere on our office desks. We just put it somewhere we can have a good view of it often so it reminds us of what needs to be done or said. I like reading these quotes.
On some occasions, I google quotes on something I want to work on or improve on to see what people are saying about it. There are a number of apps that also index thousands of these quotes.
However, as the New Year is settling in, I took the time to google some interesting quotes on goals and goal setting and thought I might share with my beautiful following.
Here are the forty quotes I found very helpful and nice.
- “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” Tony Robbins
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” Zig Ziglar
- “All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.”Brian Tracy
- “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” Jim Rohn
- “The New Year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.” Melody Beattie
- “If a man knows not to which port he sails, no wind is favorable.”Seneca
- “Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination.” Fitzhugh Dodson
- “Goals are the road maps that guide you to your destination.Cultivate the habit of setting clearly-defined written goals; they are the road maps that guide you to your destination.” Roy T. Bennett
- “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” Jim Rohn
- “A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”Bruce Lee
- “When defeat comes, accept it as a signal that your plans are not sound, rebuild those plans, and set sail once more toward your coveted goal.”Napoleon Hill
- “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” Confucius
- “A year from now you may wish you had started today.”Karen Lamb
- “Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.” Joseph Cossman
- “The moment you put a deadline on your dream, it becomes a goal.”Harsha Bhogle
- “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” Pablo Picasso
- “Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor.” Brian Tracy
- “Stop setting goals. Goals are pure fantasy unless you have a specific plan to achieve them.” Stephen Covey
- “People with clear, written goals, accomplish far more in a shorter period of time than people without them could ever imagine.” Brian Tracy
- “People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going.” Earl Nightingale
- “By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands — your own.” Mark Victor Hansen
- “Many people fail in life, not for lack of ability or brains or even courage but simply because they have never organized their energies around a goal.” Elbert Hubbard
- “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.” Andrew Carnegie
- “If you don’tmake the timeto work on creating the life that you want, you’re going to spend a lot of time dealing with a life you don’t want.” Kevin Ngo
- “Continually bombard your mind with thoughts, pictures, and people consistent with the person you want to be and the goals you want to achieve.” BrianTracy
- “Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success.” David Joseph Schwartz
- “One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals.” Michael Korda
- “The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.”Michelangelo Buonarroti
- “Cat: Where are you going?
Alice: Which way should I go?
Cat: That depends on where you are going.
Alice: I don’t know.
Cat: Then it doesn’t matter which way you go.”
Lewis Carroll,Alice in Wonderland
- “Focus on your goals, not your fear.Focus like a laser beam on your goals.”Roy T. Bennett
- “A goal properly set is halfway reached.” Zig Ziglar
- “Everybody has their own Mount Everest they were put on this earth to climb.” Seth Godin
- “You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.” Jim Rohn
- “All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one which sometimes seemed impossible.” Orison Swett Marden
- “Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I’ll give you a man who will make history. Give me a man with no goals and I’ll give you a stock clerk.” C. Penney
- “This one step – choosing a goal and sticking to it – changes everything.” Scott Reed
- “Setting goals means you are personally driven. And I think that is all we should strive to be.” Sadiq Gulma
- “Life is short, fragile and does not wait for anyone. There will NEVER be a perfect time to pursue your dreams and goals. ” Unknown
- “No one who rises before dawn 360 days a year fails to make his family rich.” Japanese saying.
- “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”T.S. Eliot
Was that a long boring list or a big motivation? Did you have some favourites? I think mine are numbers 1, 2, 6, 23, 24 and 32. What are yours? If you have another favourite quote on the topic that is not listed, why not go ahead and share it in the comment box below.